Saturday, January 15, 2011

Media Player Cannot load data on Google TV

I have the Sony Blu-Ray player with Google TV and a computer running Windows 7. I want to use Windows Media Player 12 to share my music library.

After setting up media sharing, I run the "Media Player" app on Google TV. The app can recognize my PC as a device. But when I select it, Media Player app get an error message "Cannot load data". Google tv cannot communicate with the server.

* In Windows 7/vista/xp, go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Advanced Sharing Settings.
* Change "File Sharing Connections" from the default 128-bit encryption to support for the 40- or 56-bit encryption. Then make the change as a troubleshooting step.
* Turn "Password Protected Sharing" off.

Now the "cannot load data" issue go away.

1 comment:

  1. were you able to fix this problem? I am also not able to load media player on google tv

    ReplyDelete